Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A little something different and orange




The children at the day care center where I work, have been really enjoying pounding golf tees into these two pumpkins. I found this lovely idea from a fellow ECE blogger from Ireland. Kierna is an absolutely wonderful, friendly prekindergarten teacher. I love her interesting posts - she and her children spend a lot of time learning and playing outdoors, even in the rain!!!

I love this activity - the children are so focused, and it seems to be relaxing. Surprising to me, it is a very quiet activity. Another added bonus is the scent of fresh pumpkin!!!










3 comments:

The Boston Lady said...

I think I might enjoy pounding those golf tees in! Good way to work off frustrations and stress. It is teaching them good hand eye coordination indeed. Ann

Teri said...

What a cute idea. I love to hear about people's creative ideas. I know those little ones loved all that pounding.

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Hi, Ann,
I think you're right here, this would be fun and a stress reducer - actually in ECE we do try to find a lot of soothing, stress reducing activities, as it can be stressful for the kids being in groups all day, and some are at the center up to 10 hours a day,Monday to Friday.

Any activities I can find to provide calm and relaxation, I try. The absolute best way to provide a fun, stressless time is to be outdoors, of course!


Teri,
Thanks, yep I LOVE this idea, it is cute and fun!

Thanks to both of you for your kind comments!!!

Have a great weekend!
B