Friday, September 16, 2011

Pots of Marigolds, Geraniums, and a Painted Entrance

My nearest neighbour has a row of wooden planters filled with marigolds. I just love them, they are bright and cheerful. Marigolds always have seemed like a flower garden staple to me. I like them because they are easy to grow and hardy, as well as pretty. I also think people plant them around vegetables to prevent certain pests, but I'm not quite sure about this.One type of marigold, I especially like are the large bright yellow ones, but I don't see them grown too often it seems.





The day I took these pictures it was 29 degrees out (celsius), and now the temperatures here are 17 to 20 in the daytime, and going down below 0 at night..



The condominium where I live has two large pots at the front, and this year a young woman in our building planted some geraniums.Her mom had given her a few seedlings and they really did very nicely.





Well, I just thought it would be fun to post these pictures from a sunny, lovely day. I wanted to post the marigolds for my friend Geraldine who had a beautiful close up of a marigold on her blog this week. And then I added the geraniums because they're pretty.

Wishing you a good weekend wherever you may be.

No comments: